Holiday eCommerce sales figures are expected to increase this season, continuing an upward trend of more consumers doing their holiday shopping online.
So, what are you planning to do with your eCommerce business to capture a share of 2014’s holiday season revenue?
Autofulfil is more than just a fulfilment centre, we’re an eCommerce hub, so we’re delighted to share these five things to help your business get a bigger piece of the pie this season:
1. AdWords Re-Marketing – Enables you to target consumers that have previously visited your website. Running an AdWords pay-per-click campaign, you simply add a snippet of code to your website and create a re-marketing list. When a visitor hits that particular page of your website, their cookie ID is saved to your list. When you establish your list you can build campaigns within AdWords that are only displayed to those people on your list.
So for example, if you have an eCommerce website that sells widgets you could create a list for those visitors that land on the “blue widget” product-category page and then create an ad that specifically addresses them. Think of a display ad with a picture of the blue widget they were just looking that follows them all over the Internet. This increases the odds of a prospect returning to your website to make their purchase since the ad will now appear on websites that they visit once prospect has left your site.
2. Utilize Facebook Ads – Facebook is great advertising platform to drive extra traffic during the holiday season. With an active business page you can boost posts and target people who “Like” your page, or you can reach a new audience through targeting. Also, you can create traditional ad campaigns that utilize Facebook’s extensive targeting options. They also have re-marketing abilities similar to AdWords, which they refer to as custom audiences.
Facebook claims that people access its website on mobile devices 4.2 times more often than search engines before holiday shopping so it has more tips to help you excel on its ad platform and 10 tips for increasing sales during the holidays.
3. Clever Info-Graphics – Info-graphics are an effective marketing tool and a great way to connect with your audience to deliver a message. Also, they receive a lot of social shares and can introduce your website to a wider audience.
The holiday season gives you an opportunity to create clever info-graphics with a holiday theme. By creating one you raise brand awareness and push website traffic to your eCommerce store, or you can create one around promoting a specific product or holiday special. It is a good idea to publish your info-graphic on your website as well as reach out to media outlets and other websites that you think may like to share it. The bigger the audience the more effective it will be.
4. Interactive on Instagram – While Twitter is experiencing slow user growth, Instagram on the other hand is booming and establishing itself as one of the most popular social networks. Lots of retailers are taking advantage of this popularity by encouraging customers to take selfies with their products and share them across Instagram. Creating a campaign around a branded hashtag is a great way to increase brand awareness and sales during the holiday season.
So encourage your Instagram fans and customers to take pictures of themselves with products that they purchased from your eCommerce website and include a brand hashtag in the pictures. The opportunities are endless, be creative because the user base is ready, waiting to engage with your brand.
5. Cart Abandonment – Higher traffic equates to increased cart abandonment. More than 68% of online shoppers abandon their shopping cart without completing a purchase. To convert more sales and lower your cart-abandonment rate consider using a special offer triggered by exit-intent technology. When you determined that your visitor is about to leave the shopping cart without completing a purchase, present an offer. Examples such as free shipping are useful to complete their purchase … Plus a countdown timer, or a special discount coupon is an effective tool.
Plus you could have an offer of a future discount if your prospect submits an email address. This will allow you to increase your database and market via email, and entice them back to your website to make a purchase. Remember, it is important to split-test multiple cart-abandonment offers to see what approach works best for your target audience.