No matter what type of eCommerce business you run, the first and most important thing that you need to do is make sure that your customers are happy. Unfortunately, this is often easier said than done. This is why it is important to have a firm understanding of the types of services that customers enjoy so that you can make sure you are offering your clientele the type of features that they truly love. One of these features is tracked fulfilment.
We’ve all been there before. You order an important package and wait anxiously for it to arrive, only to find after days of waiting you still have no idea how close your delivery is or if your package is even on its way at all. As consumers in today’s tech-centered market, we expect instant gratification and we expect to be able to quickly access information—including regarding where our packages may be. This is something we expect as general consumers, so you know it is something your customers are going to expect as well.
Unfortunately, in today’s day and age, it simply isn’t enough to acknowledge an order has been received or that a payment has been processed. Your customers want more than that – and the right fulfilment services can help.
Thanks to new technological advancements in the world of fulfilment services, you can finally give customers that on-demand information access they crave. With real-time updates, customers can see exactly where their package is along the order chain from the moment the order is processed to every step of the actual delivery process. That’s not all either, here are just a few of the additional perks that can come with adding tracked fulfilment to your company’s services:
- It provides customers with a better order experience, which means more repeat customers. With a tracked order ID, your customers can feel more in control and see what is happening with their order.
- It improves customer support. If your customers have questions about their order or when it is arriving, it is much easier for you as the retailer to provide customer support and instant information on what is happening with their orders.
- It helps with returns. Order tracking isn’t just for outgoing orders, it can also be used on returns so customers can stay confident that their return package is going back to where it belongs so they can get their refund processed.
- It makes your eCommerce business seem more trustworthy. If you want loyal customers you are going to need to present yourself as a trustworthy business.
- It can help customers customize their delivery process. There are many customers who want to make sure that their package is in a safe place or who want to coordinate their item being left with a neighbour.
The simple addition of tracked order fulfilment services can go a long way in taking your business to the next level. If you are interested in bringing tracked fulfilment services to your customers contact Autofulfil to learn more about how our third-party fulfilment can help transform your business.