Starting your own eCommerce business can come with a lot of potential complications, especially when you are just getting your company off the ground. Whether you’ve started your company out of your basement, or a small rented space, when your business starts to grow, keeping your customers happy and your orders fulfilled can get more complicated. This brings so many companies to the same dilemma, and asking themselves the same thing “should we outsource?”
This is a very common question and one that doesn’t always have a clear answer. So, before you can decide if outsource fulfilment is right for your company, there are a few questions that you need to ask yourself first.
How is Your In-House Fulfilment Going?
If you are currently managing your orders in-house, you need to take the time to really figure out how it’s working for you.
There are benefits of outsourcing your fulfilment, but there are also perks that come with managing your own in-house orders. By managing orders in-house you are able to have 100% control over your inventory, you can check your stock at all times and you are able to organise and personalise your process in a way that works for you.
While every situation is unique, if you have enough storage space, can still personalise your orders and you are able to fulfill every order, every day, by yourself in an hour—you probably don’t need to outsource. But that isn’t the case for everyone.
How to Tell if You Need to Outsource
So, you aren’t able to quickly and easily handle your order fulfilment. Perhaps your eCommerce business has been growing at a rapid rate and you feel like order fulfilment is taking up all of your space time. If you begin to feel overwhelmed with the fulfilment process, then outsourcing may be the right solution for you. Here are some signs that it’s time to call in for backup:
- You’re considering adding extra storage to your facility just for stock
- You have considered adding a new employee just for order fulfilment
- You spend more time communicating with couriers instead of customers
- You feel as though you spend more time with your products instead of your family
- Your customers are complaining about getting their orders
- Keeping your inventory organised has become impossible
These are situations where outsourcing is worth considering and if you take the time to really look at the benefits that this service can provide, you will see why it works for so many businesses today.
What Outsourcing Can Do For You
Partnering with the right fulfilment service can make all of the difference not only in your day-to-day operations, but where you are able to take your company in the future. As a business owner, there are so many other responsibilities of running your company that deserve your time and attention. With professional outsourcing services you can enjoy perks such as:
- Tracked fulfilment information for both you and the customer
- More space (your stock will be moved to a certified warehouse, instead of your office space)
- The ability to take on high-volume storage and high-volume orders. This can help you scale your operations as you needed
- A low-cost solution that is far more affordable than managing fulfilment in house. With outsourcing, you are paying for a service, not for employees. Handling everything from storage space to packing supplies, labour costs, and all of the employees needed to fulfill orders would be far more costly.
- The capacity to expand internationally, and farther than you ever thought possible.
Instead of feeling overwhelmed by the responsibilities of order fulfilment, let a well-versed fulfilment service come in and handle this process, so you can focus your time on what matters most.
If you feel like services such as this could benefit your business and help change it for the better, contact the experts at AutoFulfil to learn more about our state of the art, comprehensive order fulfilment services.